Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Google Alerts -


I thought it was great to be able to set up a google alert to a site that did not have RSS feed facility. I set up a number of google alerts: Raglan, google guides, children's reading,new zealand gardening, new new zealand children's books. Its great to be able to delete or edit any part of the alert at any stage. I went back into my gmail a/c and recieved my first google alert. One for Raglan,children's reading and Google guides.So if it happens that quick then I need to monitor or possibly limit the alert frequency. A simple case of editing the google alert.Oh so easy.But then again if my emails fill up too quickly then i will delete my alert selection.

Quite a good idea but I think I would need to be reminded to go into my email to check for these if I didnt log into my email daily and have my email inbox on hand to check these.i reckon they would be great if you were folowing the developments on a particular subject and they were spoon feed to you. I suppose its like subcribing to the listserv or the daily librarylink feed.
I think this service would be useful to patrons to monitor new books by their favourite authors, events in the libraries etc

No comments: