Saturday, September 6, 2008

#19 Podcasts

I really enjoyed looking through the kids and teen section of http://www.podcastpickle.com/
It was beautifully set out with information about the book, audio item. However on my laptop I was not able to hear the podcast. Although I thought the concept of podcasts used for this reason was very appealing. They pose a virtual link to the stock of the library when unable to physically visit the library. It was nicely set out and easy to navigate.

When I looked into http://www.podnova.com/channel/197285/ and tried to add both this and the podcastpickle link as an RSS feed, my bloglines came up with the message :-No feeds were found. Please verify that the website publishes an RSS feed. ........ WOW!.......I have just had a thought. Maybe they werent added because RSS feeds only support newsfeeds or blogs....Oh well..At least I am learning!! Just a little slow of the mark eh.

I am a little dumbfounded as to what has gone wrong. I will seek help from the experts during the week and hopefully be able to alter this post so it is more successful. I gather then I must look up a blog to add an RSS feed to my blogger account. Hope this right.Please let me know,experts, if I am barking up the wrong tree .

I looked into Yahoo audio search and found a listing for the artist Norah Jones. I had to make another a/c to access the music. I sort of feel a bit overloaded with usernames and passwords. Got to remember which is for what and the other way round! I like the display of artists who have similar music to that of which I searched.

The sum podcasts up.
I think they are fantastic and could be very useful in the library environment

2 comments:

craftykat said...

I tried to add a feed and got the same message you did (most annoyed, as it was Nancy Pearl's book reviews and it looked good!)
Then I tried another feed and it added to Bloglines fine.
Perhaps it is like this whole Web thing - trial and error?
Hope someone else has an insight into this and shares their knowledge:)

craftykat said...

Have been trying again to get this to work - have a look at my blogpost for Ex #19 and see if that helps for now.